Events, meetings and other key dates can be viewed on the QRA calendar…
The Quaternary Research Association (“QRA”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) recognises the importance of protecting the personal information collected from its membership and website visitors.
By submitting your information to the QRA you consent to the practices described in this policy. If you are less than 18 years of age, then you must first seek the consent of your parent of guardian prior to submitting any personal information.
How We Collect Your Information
The QRA may collect personal information directly from your verbal or written input (such as by consenting to receiving the QRA newsletter and circular).
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that the QRA collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number
- Educational and professional interests
- Usernames and passwords
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card or bank account details
- Comments, feedback, or other content you provide to the QRA (including through the QRA website)
- Communication preferences
- Purchase history
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of the QRA’s website and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
The QRA may receive information about you from third party sources, which will be treated in accordance with this policy.
Use of Your Information
- The QRA may use your personal information in the following ways (after obtaining your consent, if required):
- To provide you with information that you request from us
- To notify you about changes or updates to our website, products, or events
- To send you periodic newsletters and circulars, which may include information on our (or third party) events, award and grant deadlines, and employment opportunities
- To administer our events, meetings, awards, and outreach
- To provide you with information about other products and events we offer
Personal information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for legal or archival purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use or erased from the QRA’s systems when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal information.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
The QRA will not disclose to or share your personal information with any unaffiliated third party except as follows:
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by third parties who provide us with a wide range of administrative, information technology, production, payment, or management services
- Where your consent has been provided
- Where the QRA is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
Cross Border Transfers
The QRA may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence in order to process your transactions, which may include the fulfilment of your order and the processing of your payment details.
Access to your personal data will be restricted to only those who need to know that information and required to perform their job function.
- You have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org). In your written request, you may:
- Request that we provide you with details of your personal information that we process, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information, the existence of any automated decision making involving your personal information, and what transfer safeguards we have in place;
- Request that we rectify any errors in your personal information;
- Request that we delete your personal information if our continued processing of such information is not justified;
- Request that we transfer your personal information to a third party;
- Object to direct marketing from us; and
- Object to processing for purposes of scientific, historical research and statistics.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes, nor disclose your information to any third parties, unless we have your prior consent, which we will seek before collecting your personal information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the consent forms we use when collecting your personal information.
If at any point you wish to review or change your preferences you can use the unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us or by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that you may still receive transactional communications from the QRA. You may also update the personal information we hold through your online account or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any comments, complaints, or questions concerning this policy, or complaints or objections about our use of your personal information, should be addressed by emailing your comments to email@example.com.